Is Setting Up A Share Trading Account A Good New Year’s Resolution?
- You are Now on: HomeIs Setting Up A Share Trading Account A Good New Year’s Resolution?
With 2014 around the corner, it’s worth thinking about New Year’s resolutions. With the world economy starting to recover from a significant period of uncertainty many people are starting to consider where and what they should do with their money. This includes for a growing group investing their money from 2014 and beyond which makes setting up a share trading account a potentially sensible New Year’s resolution.
One particular New Years resolution worth considering is investing in shares on the stock market. With many analysts such a Merril Lynch predicting 2014 to be a boom year it has never been a better time to consider your long and short term investment strategy in the stock market especially if you choose to invest in overseas stocks exchanges such as the recently downtrodden but resurging economies such as US or the UK. The UK in particular is expecting stable but decent growth in the first quarter due to increase property demand with government schemes such as Right to Buy which is basically acting as guarantor to would be home owners as a way show flexibility in the mortgage market.
Paul B Farrell from Market Watch has predicted 12 big sectors that will move in 2014, here is 5 that might give you an understanding on how the stock market is going in 2014.
- Oil, Gas and the Energy Sector- Oil prices will likely increase over the next couple of years primarily due to increased demand from developing countries. It is also assumed that in Western countries where oil isn’t plentiful significant investment will be made to produce cars that don’t need to run on oil.
- Alternative Energy: Nuclear, Biofuels and Wind- As governments are desperately keen to find greener alternatives to their current energy policies.
- Agriculture and Land- With a rapidly expanding population, food and water supply is becoming more and more important. Those who own strategically popular areas will be in a great position.
- Making way for rapid population growth- By 2050 it is expected that there will be an additional 3 Billion more consumers on the planet than today. This will mean significant planning and resource planning.
- Increasing Lifestyle demand and a growing Middle Class- As the middle class grows so does the wealth associated with it. Countries such as India and China have significantly large populations which are getting wealthier, as such growing demand for premium brands increase.
In short if you are considering setting up a share trading account, 2014 could very well be the best time get into share trading.